Here you go ladies!!!!! DIY foundation that gets rid of redness and covers better than most store bought ones!!!!!
You will need organic cornstarch and French green clay.
You can also tint a little with organic cocoa ( I like it)
Cornstarch is sometimes used in makeup because it offers great oil absorption. It is not a drying agent, it just absorbs what’s there. So if you have dry skin, don’t be afraid It does have a shelf life, so make a note of that (1 year or longer). I’ve read a few places that it could possibly irritate skin or cause acne, but I’ve had no such problems…in fact, my acne is better.
French Green Clay is often used in resorts for facials and spa treatments. It’s pretty great at absorbing dirt, oil and bacteria while being gentle on pores.
In a small bowl combine 1 part cornstarch, 1 part green clay and a bit of cocoa.
1 part in a 1 to 1 recipe depends on how much you are making. If you want a gallon, each part would be 2 quarts. If you want 1 cup, each part would be half a cup. If you are using a spice jar like I did, then about half a jar of each.
Mix together carefully, making sure to fully incorporate any lumps.
I used a spice jar as my makeup container. I prefer this one from Spice Islands because it’s glass with a metal screw on lid. Soak it to remove all the label…and the ground mustard, and let it FULLY dry.
Paint your lid if you want. I did, because it’s cute, and because I don’t want anyone mistaking this for some spice blend I whipped up.
EDIT: The silver paint I used is rubbing off a bit, but Amazon has some makeup containers that might be worth trying…link at the bottom of this post.
When everything is dry, funnel or scoop your powder in, and you’re all set!
I add a little to the cap, load my brush, tap excess off and apply. Like all loose powder, it can be a bit dusty, but it brushes right off my clothes. Also, it’s going to look a little green, but once you brush it on the color matches your skin tone.
Join our free group for inspiration, recipes, motivation, tip and friendships ♥ ♥
- swoopieedee likes this
- amandaruemmele reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- book-of-stars reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- averyleearlette likes this
- barbiehiltonblogspot reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- vintagepanda likes this
- maairaa reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- rhicollins likes this
- labrujadecuba likes this
- onehalfofasquared likes this
- marlozcat likes this
- your-passionsnapping likes this
- casualecstasy likes this
- universelittletree likes this
- herestothenightswefeltaliveee likes this
- aprilvr likes this
- heyaaaanne likes this
- itscalledsoftgrungemom likes this
- ninanandung reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- moonluvsyou likes this
- germanatheart101 likes this
- quinnetology likes this
- crazymusickids1 likes this
- snowflakeblueful likes this
- dr4cul4doll likes this
- m--agik likes this
- yoshi-s-house likes this
- luminehsce likes this
- isabellepladet likes this
- alliricard reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- cobradust likes this
- cutestevil likes this
- redryder91 likes this
- cierrabbyy likes this
- nutellaunicorn-infinite likes this
- nurashii likes this
- marianaburgooos likes this
- lecubbins likes this
- aponce120693 likes this
- thebeezex likes this
- reinventedveggie likes this
- zosoiv likes this
- saveanoceandrinkaseagull likes this
- the-diy-chics reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- cutebitch56 likes this
- rue-v likes this
- missmartini423 likes this
- oriientale likes this
- goodlovewill-findme likes this
- cupcakemintylash likes this