Here you go ladies!!!!! DIY foundation that gets rid of redness and covers better than most store bought ones!!!!!
You will need organic cornstarch and French green clay.
You can also tint a little with organic cocoa ( I like it)
Cornstarch is sometimes used in makeup because it offers great oil absorption. It is not a drying agent, it just absorbs what’s there. So if you have dry skin, don’t be afraid It does have a shelf life, so make a note of that (1 year or longer). I’ve read a few places that it could possibly irritate skin or cause acne, but I’ve had no such problems…in fact, my acne is better.
French Green Clay is often used in resorts for facials and spa treatments. It’s pretty great at absorbing dirt, oil and bacteria while being gentle on pores.
In a small bowl combine 1 part cornstarch, 1 part green clay and a bit of cocoa.
1 part in a 1 to 1 recipe depends on how much you are making. If you want a gallon, each part would be 2 quarts. If you want 1 cup, each part would be half a cup. If you are using a spice jar like I did, then about half a jar of each.
Mix together carefully, making sure to fully incorporate any lumps.
I used a spice jar as my makeup container. I prefer this one from Spice Islands because it’s glass with a metal screw on lid. Soak it to remove all the label…and the ground mustard, and let it FULLY dry.
Paint your lid if you want. I did, because it’s cute, and because I don’t want anyone mistaking this for some spice blend I whipped up.
EDIT: The silver paint I used is rubbing off a bit, but Amazon has some makeup containers that might be worth trying…link at the bottom of this post.
When everything is dry, funnel or scoop your powder in, and you’re all set!
I add a little to the cap, load my brush, tap excess off and apply. Like all loose powder, it can be a bit dusty, but it brushes right off my clothes. Also, it’s going to look a little green, but once you brush it on the color matches your skin tone.
Join our free group for inspiration, recipes, motivation, tip and friendships ♥ ♥
- wolflover1020 likes this
- kristijenner19 likes this
- youare-beautiful-mylove likes this
- sheffskincarehub reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- razzabitch likes this
- hanna-umphlett likes this
- thediyqueen likes this
- lt2112 reblogged this from leavingstardustinmywake
- lt2112 likes this
- itshouldbesafehere reblogged this from mekaylagoesrawr
- leavingstardustinmywake reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- leavingstardustinmywake likes this
- mekaylagoesrawr reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- mekaylagoesrawr likes this
- kyasean likes this
- poopfingerz likes this
- bustacunt likes this
- bustacunt reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- kikaily likes this
- zoeygymnast reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- o-t-rainbow likes this
- magikaroline reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- magikaroline likes this
- ilovehimmore98 likes this
- lovin-on-the-purp likes this
- hayelsroseb reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- angela-nc likes this
- kanoaxoz likes this
- jawnsmoustache likes this
- sublimesugar likes this
- average-white-gurl likes this
- alexiacoroneel likes this
- living-in-pastels reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- living-in-pastels likes this
- helenanordtorp likes this
- siobhan-elizabeth likes this
- carallyxx23 likes this
- psychodelic-chaos likes this
- bigmamak likes this
- sexyhasarrived reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- sexyhasarrived likes this
- mirknsmirk likes this
- donthitmemommy likes this
- c0gnaclilac likes this
- thebrightgreentoaster likes this
- heatherscrumley reblogged this from chinkyeye0711
- thewyattkent likes this
- brootalnoodles likes this